Groupon has become an internet phenomenon. It's a simple idea: you register with the website then you receive news of the great daily deals in your area. From restaurants to spa days and weekend hotel breaks, you can buy a Groupon voucher to get them all at incredibly reduced prices. If enough people sign up to a deal, Groupon uses it's group buying power to get you the discount.

Thousands are signing up every week, making Groupon one of the fastest growing companies in the world. But the number of complaints is also growing.

Do you have something to say about this story? Tell us what you think by commenting here.

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Ginger Group Brazilian Blow Dry Con

As a customer of GroupOn this has recently happened to me. I purchased a Brazilian Blow Dry from Ginger Group for £75 (a snip compared to the £200 retail price). However, it is impossible to get an appointment before the voucher date expires as they say they are fully booked. In addition, the voucher was sold on the basis of Mon - Fri, but now the salon tells me the last appt is by 4pm (they close at 8/9pm, depending on salon). My only resort is now to be a 'standby' .... I'd say I may as well have just burnt my £75.

The result is that I am extremely disillusioned by GroupOn and extremely annoyed at GingerGroup for having planned this so badly. I certainly won't be giving either my business again in the future.
I would recommend that people treat the GroupOn offers with great care!

No comments:

Post a Comment